Swedish Massage Therapy
relaxing swedish massage
Swedish massage incorporates long strokes of light to medium pressure along the grain of the muscle. Kneading action may also be applied using the thumbs or palms of the hand.
Swedish massage provides many benefits including:
- Increased blood flow to fatigued muscles
- Reduced tension in muscles and connective tissue
- Release of toxin buildup in muscles
- Relaxation and calming of nervous system
- Stimulate blood flow to the skin
Conditions that Respond Well to Swedish Massage Therapy
While deep tissue massage works great for general muscle tensions and overall well-being, there a number of conditions that respond well to this technique:
- Fatigued Muscles
- Circulatory Deficiency
What to Expect
During a Swedish massage session, your therapist will use lighter strokes to loosen up the muscle. This technique works the entire body, from head to toe, relieving stress and promoting blood flow and toxin release.
The usual sequence of techniques are:
- Effleurage: gentle stroking with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips
- Petrissage: kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Friction: circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Vibration: oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body
- Hacking: light slaps or karate-style chops
You should feel a calming effect come over your body as the session progresses. Some clients may even fall asleep. Don’t worry, you’ll still get all the benefits, it’s just your mind disconnecting for a bit of healing!
Incredible massage experience. If you like deep tissue, Dao puts in maximum and consistent effort throughout my 90 min appt. Her professional technique is varied and comprehensive, including hot stone and stretches. Lastly, she is safety conscious and brought her own pro disinfectant sprayer to sanitize the table and sheets while having her mask on the whole time. 100% will repeat!
"Chose Dao after reading the previous reviews and I’m more than happy to add to her perfect record. Speedy initial response, and timely arrival. Great massage and an all round good soul. Just wish I could have done longer. Thoroughly recommended."
"I absolutely love massages and have had my fair share of them pre Covid. Out of every massage that I have had, this is the best unplanned massage I have ever had. This massage turned out to be a surprise massage for someone special that I booked on Christmas Day!"
"Dao was fantastic! My back always goes out because I play a lot of golf and she was able to fix me right up. I would recommend her to everyone."
Nov 19, 2020
Luxury, quality & comfort
We follow strict cleaning protocols to keep you and our team safe. Your linens are always fresh, and all equipment is cleaned upon arrival so you can be sure you are safe.
We are professional Certified Massage Therapists and take our craft seriously. We arrive promptly, adjust our techniques to your preferences, and communicate with our clients to ensure they get the treatment they require.
- Swedish Massage — Starting at $150
- Thai Massage — $150
- Deep Tissue Sports Massage— $200
- Thai Combo Massage— $150
- Add Hot Stone Therapy— $30
- Enhanced Healing Balm Upgrade — $30